Author Topic: My life, My coding  (Read 17713 times)

Offline hakcenter

• developer
    • 1998 12v Ram
Reply #285 on: March 08, 2019, 04:01:34 PM
You could use my sweep command, and check the difference between commanded position and actual position. That way you know when something is out of whack.

I'll eventually start to code that in some kind of safety aspect to know when it's getting gummed up. Also it's not a bad idea to maybe code a semi clean up command, where you just full open / close 200 times in a minute.

I introduced some engine rpm based code today. LMAO truck is stupid stuuuupid fast now. So fast in 4th gear was chirpping over every bump and the damn air bag light came on! Tail pipe looked clean so I might have to open that fuel plate a bit :D

AMP 2 Corinthians 8:21
For we take thought beforehand and aim to be honest and absolutely above suspicion, not only in the sight of the Lord but also in the sight of men.

Offline Rx7man

• Crazy guy
  • Jack of all trades
    • '94 Dodge dually
Reply #286 on: March 09, 2019, 08:08:13 AM
haha, yeah,  I'm fighting with this new pump and bad injectors still.. I think I'm going to get a set of 5x016 nozzles for both the trucks.

I find this 215 pump feels a little soggy, might have to tighten the governor springs a click... I removed the fuel plate and that helped a lot... it may get reinstalled later.

I think you could set an alarm based on the VGT motor duty.. if it's greater than lets say 30% for more than a second or two there must be something sticking.

'94 dodge, Colt Cam, head worked, NV5600, 3.55's, SB clutch, Ford manual hubs w. hawk brakes, custom flatdeck, custom aluminum bumper, cab off restoration, totally new engine, Mahle pistons @19:1..HE351VE with 67mm turbine and 67x95mm compressor
440hp/1000 ft lb @ 2400 RPM

Offline hakcenter

• developer
    • 1998 12v Ram
Reply #287 on: March 11, 2019, 11:16:19 AM
You keep going bigger and bigger on your sticks what's the deal lol. I'm considering going smaller with mine so I can open up my pump. It's at like the 300cc setting atm.

For we take thought beforehand and aim to be honest and absolutely above suspicion, not only in the sight of the Lord but also in the sight of men.

Offline Rx7man

• Crazy guy
  • Jack of all trades
    • '94 Dodge dually
Reply #288 on: March 11, 2019, 11:58:38 PM
what sticks do you have?  5x16 apparently work really well with the VE pump... I was thinking of 6x13's but I can't find them in VCO. 

Put a 67mm hot and cold side on your huffer and you'll see why.. 400ish HP is just blah now... Going to do 191 DV's as well.. got a set for cheap

'94 dodge, Colt Cam, head worked, NV5600, 3.55's, SB clutch, Ford manual hubs w. hawk brakes, custom flatdeck, custom aluminum bumper, cab off restoration, totally new engine, Mahle pistons @19:1..HE351VE with 67mm turbine and 67x95mm compressor

Offline hakcenter

• developer
    • 1998 12v Ram
Reply #289 on: March 14, 2019, 08:10:47 AM
I have 7x010s in right now, but Mr Farrell did his magic to my 215 pump. I have 3 notches at the AFC area for the fuel plate. 500/400/300ccs maybe even lower I can't find the paperwork.

I've tried all sorts of settings and my ass dyno says that blasting black is marginally if at all faster than where I have the fuel plate now. I know that the coal absolutely killed my mid range. Right now my truck is up on top of the turbo by 1700rpm and slipping my ceramic clutch in 3rd. Clutch is supposed to be good for 550/1000 /shrug. That's with a 3.55 rear w/ LSD. 265/75/16s

I want to go smaller sticks and open up the pump, maybe it'll get some more timing or something.. or just overall be better. I'm definitely over having SACs that's for sure. The haze bothers me so much.

Offline Rx7man

• Crazy guy
  • Jack of all trades
    • '94 Dodge dually
Reply #290 on: June 24, 2019, 10:48:54 AM
well, guess y'all need a bit of an update.. I've been fighting with my injector pump still.. just doesn't run round, one cylinder seems either to get a lot more fuel or the timing is advanced on it... I put 5x016 nozzles in, pop pressures set to 285 bar and 191 DV's. I'll take them out and try a new set with the pop pressures reset to double check, but I'm not holding much hope on that..
I think I had trouble with my turbo for a long time, when I changed to the 67mm it masked it... I think the sliders were sticky and it wasn't opening all the way, it checks this each time at power-up, so it applies a certain force and assumes that's all the way open, when you calibrate, so it looks good in the program, but you're not getting full travel, which would explain why I had so many drive pressure issues at only 440 hp and it LOOKING like it was wide open at 2200 RPM
Meanwhile I got used to how the map looked and I'm having to relearn how it's supposed to look with the 67mm setup.

I can say with this setup, if it's acting right it's got WILD FREAKING POWER, 5th gear if there's any dust on the road it'll light the tires at 65mph, 6th is scary in wet conditions.

I'm working on adding to my workshop tools, just bought a Keysight DSO 1052B, 50mhz 2 channel scope, waveform generator, and I'm looking for some decent power supplies as well

Offline Rx7man

• Crazy guy
  • Jack of all trades
    • '94 Dodge dually
Reply #291 on: October 12, 2019, 01:11:15 PM
Well, some more updates
I'm certain I have a leaking intake valve (or more).. I'm getting a lot of soot in the intake, and that would explain high EGT's and excessive smoke and the unsmooth sound of it.

The first gen is running good, probably around 300 hp... not a rocket but it at least can get out of it's own way now.. Buddy in his SCLB 2wd auto first gen ran a 9s 1/8th mile, then he started hearing a funny sound.. I bet it was the flexplate.. I was right!

We have more toys around the farm too.. a 1953 Holder A10 tractor.. 2 stroke Sachs diesel.. it's got a lot of maintenance to do to it, hasn't seen much love in a long time.. they're cool little rigs though, climb like goats, and incredible pulling power for 10 hp

Also in important shop news, I finally found a TIG welder, got a Syncrowave 250.. its so nice being able to weld thinner material and do some prettier welds :)... I'm still shopping around for a milling machine, missed out on one pretty decent one.