Main Menu

My life, My coding

Started by Rx7man, May 27, 2015, 09:09:36 AM

hakcenter

You could use my sweep command, and check the difference between commanded position and actual position. That way you know when something is out of whack.

I'll eventually start to code that in some kind of safety aspect to know when it's getting gummed up. Also it's not a bad idea to maybe code a semi clean up command, where you just full open / close 200 times in a minute.

I introduced some engine rpm based code today. LMAO truck is stupid stuuuupid fast now. So fast in 4th gear was chirpping over every bump and the damn air bag light came on! Tail pipe looked clean so I might have to open that fuel plate a bit :D
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

haha, yeah,  I'm fighting with this new pump and bad injectors still.. I think I'm going to get a set of 5x016 nozzles for both the trucks.

I find this 215 pump feels a little soggy, might have to tighten the governor springs a click... I removed the fuel plate and that helped a lot... it may get reinstalled later.

I think you could set an alarm based on the VGT motor duty.. if it's greater than lets say 30% for more than a second or two there must be something sticking.
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

You keep going bigger and bigger on your sticks what's the deal lol. I'm considering going smaller with mine so I can open up my pump. It's at like the 300cc setting atm.
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

what sticks do you have?  5x16 apparently work really well with the VE pump... I was thinking of 6x13's but I can't find them in VCO. 

Put a 67mm hot and cold side on your huffer and you'll see why.. 400ish HP is just blah now... Going to do 191 DV's as well.. got a set for cheap

hakcenter

I have 7x010s in right now, but Mr Farrell did his magic to my 215 pump. I have 3 notches at the AFC area for the fuel plate. 500/400/300ccs maybe even lower I can't find the paperwork.

I've tried all sorts of settings and my ass dyno says that blasting black is marginally if at all faster than where I have the fuel plate now. I know that the coal absolutely killed my mid range. Right now my truck is up on top of the turbo by 1700rpm and slipping my ceramic clutch in 3rd. Clutch is supposed to be good for 550/1000 /shrug. That's with a 3.55 rear w/ LSD. 265/75/16s

I want to go smaller sticks and open up the pump, maybe it'll get some more timing or something.. or just overall be better. I'm definitely over having SACs that's for sure. The haze bothers me so much.

Rx7man

well, guess y'all need a bit of an update.. I've been fighting with my injector pump still.. just doesn't run round, one cylinder seems either to get a lot more fuel or the timing is advanced on it... I put 5x016 nozzles in, pop pressures set to 285 bar and 191 DV's. I'll take them out and try a new set with the pop pressures reset to double check, but I'm not holding much hope on that..
I think I had trouble with my turbo for a long time, when I changed to the 67mm it masked it... I think the sliders were sticky and it wasn't opening all the way, it checks this each time at power-up, so it applies a certain force and assumes that's all the way open, when you calibrate, so it looks good in the program, but you're not getting full travel, which would explain why I had so many drive pressure issues at only 440 hp and it LOOKING like it was wide open at 2200 RPM
Meanwhile I got used to how the map looked and I'm having to relearn how it's supposed to look with the 67mm setup.

I can say with this setup, if it's acting right it's got WILD FREAKING POWER, 5th gear if there's any dust on the road it'll light the tires at 65mph, 6th is scary in wet conditions.

I'm working on adding to my workshop tools, just bought a Keysight DSO 1052B, 50mhz 2 channel scope, waveform generator, and I'm looking for some decent power supplies as well

Rx7man

Well, some more updates
I'm certain I have a leaking intake valve (or more).. I'm getting a lot of soot in the intake, and that would explain high EGT's and excessive smoke and the unsmooth sound of it.

The first gen is running good, probably around 300 hp... not a rocket but it at least can get out of it's own way now.. Buddy in his SCLB 2wd auto first gen ran a 9s 1/8th mile, then he started hearing a funny sound.. I bet it was the flexplate.. I was right!

We have more toys around the farm too.. a 1953 Holder A10 tractor.. 2 stroke Sachs diesel.. it's got a lot of maintenance to do to it, hasn't seen much love in a long time.. they're cool little rigs though, climb like goats, and incredible pulling power for 10 hp

Also in important shop news, I finally found a TIG welder, got a Syncrowave 250.. its so nice being able to weld thinner material and do some prettier welds :)... I'm still shopping around for a milling machine, missed out on one pretty decent one.

Rx7man

I've been busy..
It's calving time again, got 4 babies

My friend has started selling custom turbos, he gets housings, I do the machine work on the hot sides to take them from 60mm to up to 67mm

I also bought 2 24V engines, one is a VP44, the other is a P pumped engine, but lines not included.. P pump engine is a cracked 53 block, but the P pump on it is a 230 hp industrial... last year I sold my core 160 pump for a stupid high price (I asked for an offer) and that goes a long way to paying for this

I'll try and post more thorough updates later

hakcenter

Rx7man

OK, a little more...

few weeks ago the first gen suddenly ran like CRAP... turns out the head gasket blew between #4 and 5 cylinders.. it was one of the old Felpro that were notorious for failing,.. really thin fire rings, and generally poor build... got that fixed.. there was some pitting in the block and the head, I put a skim of muffler cement on it and let it set up, then hit it with some heat and reassembled... I torqued the stock head bolts to 130 with lots of lube, they felt nice there.

Over christmas I was at the coast in the first gen, tranny started leaking bad on the way down from the bellhousing, figured tranny input shaft seal.. borrowed a buddy's shop and hoist to swap it out, did the rear main while I was in there.. apparently that wasn't the problem, so out it comes again, turns out the torque convertor was cracked by the hub, easy to miss if you aren't looking for it!.. I had a spare TC, just a stocker, equally slushy in feel, but I tossed that in and it's been behaving
I put 1500 miles on it in a week, everything seems to be behaving.

I bought a 47RH with a low stall non billet single disc convertor, came with an ATS billet flexplate.. I already have a 47RH but the pump is pretty rusted, so I figure with the two of them I should make one good one no matter what... I'd like to find a billet input as well, but I'm a cheap bastard... I'm getting a rebuild kit, new bands, clutches, etc... another shift kit.. 
Maybe this truck will get a VGT at some point... I'm making a black box to control the tranny already.. Oh, I forgot, I bought an ATS 3 piece exhaust manifold for a 12V brand new but due to some mishap one of the turbo mount stud ears got cracked.. maybe it'll get that.. I'll see

I also did work on tractors over the winter.. the Holder A12 has been repowered with a Hatz E89FG engine, heavy monster, but runs good, I'm just tying up loose ends on it now, waiting for an oil pressure switch, etc... I rebuilt the kink steering with new bushings, put new seals the tranny and final drives

Can't remember if I mentioned it earlier, I got a TIG welder last fall.. had some fun making the exhaust from stainless milk line.. I'm certainly no expert, but it still turned out OK for a tractor

Last but not least, I have babies being born now

Rx7man

Rx7man

So it seems like the Aeromotive A1000 pump I got at a pawn shop a few years back for cheap will pump diesel happily.. One more piece of the puzzle solved.. and apparently, while a bit ugly, you can rebend the VP44 lines to fit the P pump... Considering they want $700 for a set of lines, I think that's what I'll go with... I'm not sure yet, but I might do a stage 3 cam as well and do some head porting if I'm pulling a head off.. Might try welding the cracked block too, maybe do the head gasket after that in case I got it a bit hot... I'm thinking of putting a vacuum on the cooling system while welding to keep the impurities out of the weld, not sure on the welding process yet, probably TIG, either bronze or nickel filler, or perhaps arc weld with a cast rod...

hakcenter

Rx7man

Yeah, they're keeping me busy!.. got 14 now.. one born this morning was darned near frozen stiff, but he's fine again!  Might lose the tips of his ears though

I've been doing lots of turbo work for a friend, he's a better salesman than I am,.. so I do the machining work boring out the hot sides on HX35's from 60 to 64 or 67mm.. Just getting into doing the cold sides now, a bit more tedious, but I make some more money, and I'm still cheaper than getting it sent out so it's a win win

I've got an issue with the VGT on my truck right now.. not exactly sure what it is, but it's sticking in brake mode mysteriously.. and it's not even after it's been commanded to go into brake mode! It seems to report position 585 when it's having an issue, I'm going to replace the actuator and see if that helps

Rx7man

Well, calving season is nearly over.. been buiding lots of turbos and doing mechanical work for people.. lightening some BMW flywheels,  fixing lawnmowers and chainsaws.. yadda yadda

Found another HE351ve that's a little sticky, but I've found they're really easy to clean.. $200 with manifold and actuator.. on the dually I I put a stock turbo back on since with my bad injectors, etc it really badly gummed up the turbo.. had it apart and cleaned it.. all you need is some scotch brite on the vane sliders and reassemble it.. I lube it with some dry graphite.

Also went through my programming... deleted a ton of stuff that I don't think was useful, then added a control logic that's similar to stock Lil'bb code that uses only the turbine speed sensor as a failsafe in case I lose my RPM or TPS signals... I'll have to see how it works..