Main Menu

Android development

Started by hakcenter, August 14, 2016, 08:11:06 PM

hakcenter

The android app was updated today, twice actually :)

It includes the new bulk data transfers, and should be pretty robust.. I haven't had a sync issue in over 2 hours with it just sitting on my phone spamming.
The screen keep on option, is respected all the time now, and should work without the app needing to be restarted. It'll drop the screen on, if you're still connected to the LBB but the application isn't in the foreground (but it still updates screen data).

I'm going to try to tackle an IDE swap over today and then start to get data logging going
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

hakcenter

I wanted to just give an update to whoever reads this thread anyways.

I've been slaving over the application, and updating the lbb code, to really go hand in hand the last week. It's been absolutely apparent that bluetooth communication has it's serious limitations, and making programmatic timeouts are just not feasible.

I can get round trips of code ranging from 40ms all the way to 140ms, with the devices right next to each other. That's when I know how many bytes to expect, so best case 0 latency wait. It would also be a terrible idea to make the application wait up to 150ms between sends and receives, it would just be so slow and laggy and pointless. But now a timeout of 2-3s actually works and shuts down the connections properly, etc etc etc. All around just 100% better than using buffers and either getting old data, or waiting for new data, then jamming up and breaking.

What that means realistically is that a code upgrade is going to be absolutely mandatory. So I'll basically just force over the bulk data anyways, and it's insanely fast. Absolutely no reason to not use it.

Graphing is in, it's looking pretty good so far. Once I get the app and LBB code stable I'll push out the updates and really hone in on graphing, then log saving / possibly review.. however I think csv viewing via google sheets, is probably the most ideal. Maybe automatic data graphing can be built into sheet creation /shrug

Anyways thanks for all your patience.
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

I'm reading!.. doesn't apply to me but I still enjoy it
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

Here's the latest screens, I'll figure out how to get the icon back.

Just waiting for a ton of driving so I can tell if everything is stable. It's all built with compat now, so it should basically work on every device that is ICS is later. I need to work on the bluetooth section, so it'll update the bt info every time it's shown. A bit problematic if you had the app open, and then paired later, or changed pairing information at all after it was open. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've also done a monumental amount of code optimizations now, and reigning everything in for a full release.

hakcenter

Okay so this is basically ready to go. I'm going to drive around on it for another week before letting the update rip.. but  it's basically all good to go.

hakcenter

Dang I've figured out a way to upload hex's now :D and it works!

hakcenter

firmware updating > android_app [Lil' Blackbox]

So it'll be hex's.

I'll start uploading hex's with the source code as well now. Need to think of a easy way to distribute them maybe even through the app itself...