Main Menu

Need some help with my he351

Started by Clarkwisely, June 15, 2017, 07:24:11 PM

Clarkwisely

Hello I have a 97 12v with the stand alone controller, wondering if someone could help me code, I have 120 hp injectors and 3.55 gears with 35s, I can't get my exhaust break to really hold or whistle  and can't get the turbo to light till like 2300rpms, any help will be greatly appreciated

hakcenter

Do you have the android app and syncd to the LBB ?

If you get no response from the brake pin, you may have the CAN BUS wires reversed
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

It sounds like the turbo is wide open, which happens when there's a communication fault (2300 is about when it spools if I have mine wide open too)  As hakcenter said, check the CAN bus wiring over, and power supply.

Oh, and welcome :)
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

Clarkwisely

It's not stuck wide open because if I flip the break on  and take off I can light it  fast and  then flip it off and were good if tryed sealing the wires

Rx7man

I'm not familiar with the official LilBB code (I run my own), but I think you ought to be able to open the serial monitor and see what it's doing

hakcenter

Clark join the semi closed beta for the Android App here : https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.devnull.lbb from your Android device.

Connect to the LBB with pin code 9220, and let us know if it sync's up with any data. To me it kinda sounds like you may just need to adjust the curves if the brake is indeed working.
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Clarkwisely

Should the break work in the performance  position
This what I'm getting

hakcenter

Yes if you look into the calculate modes section, brake is if'd last, so

if perf is on, or cruise is on but brake is on, brake will be the thing really done.

What are you looking to do ?

PS Position looks to be super way off.......

Clarkwisely

Ya turbo hasn't acted right since day one, don't spool very fast and exhaust break dose almost nothing  zero break effect

hakcenter

Try using my personal code.. Seems like an issue with the type of value used for position.

Also what version of Arduino IDE are you using ? May want to update to at least 1.8.2

Clarkwisely

hakcenter

Rx7man