Actuator calibration

Started by 2008dodge6.7, June 12, 2018, 08:58:55 PM

2008dodge6.7

Does this thing calibrate new actuators? I'm very new to these turbos so you will have to work with me  :D

hakcenter

There is a calibration command, yes.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

2008dodge6.7

Is it already in the box and you just use the app to calibrate once you take it off then calibrate and put it back on?

hakcenter

Pretty much. Calibration is weird, if you notice that you're not really getting full extension one way or the other, the calibration will help reset the zero.
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Kookie

How do you calibrate if you don't have the app(need to buy android device) and want to use lap top, what software do I need to install to plug into the controller

hakcenter

You'll need the arduino ide.

Plug the USB into your laptop and communicate via the serial interface. All you'll need to tell it is the word calibrate.

After 20s or so type calibrate again to turn it off.

Kookie

Easy enough, thanks save me 100 bucks from having a shop do it.

hakcenter

Yeah as long as the LBB version is 2.2.0 or greater, it'll have the calibrate command in the serial area.

Tibbitts

Do you do the calibrate command with the actuator installed on turbo?
Thanks
2003 Ram 2500, NV5600, he351ve 67mm, Smarty

Rx7man

correct.. that way the actuator "feels" where the limits of motion are.
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles