Android App Issue: "LBB Version Unknown" FIXED

Started by crodgers, March 17, 2019, 02:30:47 PM

crodgers

Has anybody encountered this issue:
"LBB version: Unknown
Minimum LBB Code version is v.3.0.0
LBB update is mandatory."

I'm about 3 hrs into troubleshooting this, but am a complete arduino noob. I've attempted updating the firmware with the v3.0.0 hex common code, the upload succeeded but is still not recognized by the app after the lbb resets. After some reading and trial and error I was able to get the IDI to compile the .ino sketches in the hopes I could update the firmware via usb. Everything upuloaded ok. But I'm still getting the same error in the app. I'm using a tablet running Android 7.1.1 if that means anything.

Any help is appreciated! Trying to get access to the tuning menu to calibrate the turbo and adjust the curves.

Thanks

hakcenter

Have you reset the app ?

I can try some downgrade options and see if I can replicate at home. Won't be home for 9 hours though.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

crodgers

Wow thanks for the quick reply! Yes I did restart the app by restarting the tablet.

One other difference that might be worth mentioning is that the "LBBdev" device was not listed in the firmware update device menu. In your instructional screenshots, you had LBB and LBBdev showing up in the menu. Not sure if that matters.

I borrowed the older samsung tablet from a friend, I embarrassingly do not own any android devices. I might see if I can quick ask a friend this evening to download the app on their phone so that I can try it out on a newer version of android OS.

I'm digging the Arduino IDE though, pretty fun to tinker with, and I bet its a blast once you're proficient with the programming language and it's applications.

I'll circle back this evening if I get a chance to try out a newer OS.

UPDATE: I tried the app out on a friends phone with latest version of Android. Still received the same message unfortunately.

Thanks

hakcenter

LBBdev is my personal dev device, the LBB is the one in my truck.

You can rename the device etc using the Bluetooth sketches I left up and renaming some items and following the instructions.

Can you plug in your device to your laptop or computer that you have the arduino ide installed on and check the serial output. Top right button, 115200 baud rate. It'll output firmware version on startup into the text screen.
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

crodgers

Sure.

Serial Monitor shows v3.0.0. Snapshot attached

hakcenter

Now I'm really confused. I'll look into the app and see if I can prolong the garbage collection process for the serial comms.

Let me know if the newer app version fixes this.

crodgers

By "newer app version" are you referring to the android version, or an update to the LBB application? I did try another android version last evening and updated my 2nd post.The newer andoid version (whatever the galaxy S10 is running, I think Android 9.xx) yielded the same error.

crodgers

Scratch that, I just checked the play store and see that you updated the app. You're quick lol. I'll jump on there tonight and report back.

crodgers

Just updated. Same issue persists unfortunately

hakcenter