Anyone interested in the electronic AFC?

Started by Rx7man, June 19, 2015, 02:24:42 PM

Rx7man

Just wondering if anyone is interested in the electronic AFC... I'm looking at stepper motors, etc now, acme screws, and once I get one working well it wouldn't take too much to make a couple of them... currently looking at 6V 1.2A 84oz-in Unipolar Stepper Motor - RobotShop as a stepper motor.. I think it's overkill for what it needs to do, but on the other hand it should last nicely.. I saw Steed's was much smaller, and apparently does the job too.
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

I'm broke for the next year, need transmission and clutch and fass
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

Just trying to get an idea of the interest in it..

hakcenter

Don't get discouraged hardly anyone knows this place, lol
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

Coulda fooled me.. entire days with not a single post... Then I feel obliged to post *something*

hakcenter

LOL

it is not forever alone guy here, but way more exposure on the cummins forum. Honestly I would just make at least one, and get it working great. The whole fuel plate idea is cool, but its not smart enough IMHO.

If you could do a stand alone unit, that could be communicated to externally that would be ideal. I kind of had an idea in my own head, of putting an arduino in control of that unit. Get all the bugs kinked out, then make a custom board for your processor, and make it communicate TTL. Easy tie in, and then its pretty much self controlled yet remote able.

So you could have your other sensors to your common controller. Unless you just planned on mega'ing this out using my shield and then making your pwm on the other side ??

Rx7man

My idea was to use your shield as a basis, and add on to it with a Mega controller underneath... Perhaps, depending on what other options I go with, I'd have a second board for some high-power outputs, perhaps with the LM1497 injector controller to control solenoids and other noisy stuff.

The two processes (VGT and AFC) use so many of the same inputs if I can keep them controlled by one unit it would be nice..
I hear the ATmegas are actually rated for 20mhz, but they run at 16 to keep library compatibility for serial comms and some timing stuff.. I wonder how fast a guy would be able to push them...