Main Menu

Checking 351ve

Started by Jbob, August 24, 2017, 07:47:40 PM

Jbob

I need to figure out how to check and see if my actuators good, I had a short!
Like to ohm it out or hook power to it to see if it's ok before I hook it back up to my fleece controller?
My wires r
Green
Yellow
Green with white stripe
Red
What's best way to check?
And I would like to run your controler after I get it lined out, is the controler and LCD screen incased now or just controler!
I would like the cool LCD screen if there's a way to mount it to the top of the dash?

hakcenter

No LCD screen, no need, you can bluetooth in with your android phone :)

You can apply 12v power to the power pins, I'll have to go out and verify, I really should update the wiki with the info, now that I have the 300VG connector and it's wiring is different.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Jbob

So it has two power wires one to open fully and one to close?

Rx7man

I think it would be ground, 12V, CanH, and CanL
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

no_smokn

reviving...if i take off my actuator, the apply the +12v and -12v to the two pins, my actuator should rotate by itself?

i don't want to risk breaking it on my crusty turbo...which as been sitting for a long time.

thanks.

BJ

hakcenter

Yes, also you can move the gear by hand, it should reset to the zero position
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.