Main Menu

Holset He400vg

Started by TheKid760, February 21, 2017, 10:27:29 AM

TheKid760

Anyone ever used one of these on a holset other than the little he351ve?

I have ran the he431 before with pneumatics and liked it.  Now I have an he400 and a friend if trying to convince me to give up on the pneumatics.    Will this work?

And I already have an UNO (dont know how to code really).  Is the shield easy enough to setup?

hakcenter

I'm not sure what controller is on that turbo but AFAIK holset used the same addresses on everything
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

TheKid760

How do I confirm?   

I like the idea of using the electronics but if it's not 100% I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

hakcenter

Do you have a picture of the original electronic controller ? if its a 12v... the same unit on the 351 then ya....

I'm not sure about the 24v controller I think it is slightly different
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

a difference in voltage would be my biggest concern... all the rest of it is easily changed..
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

All the holsets use canbus to communicate or a wastegate... just the addressing is the only thing I'm concerned with. Steeds seems to work with the 24v and its not a 'buy' option so they probably all use the same addresses

65fpvmustang

I modified an he351 control to go on an he561you could do the same requires welding aluminum.