lbb plug and play questions

Started by ford69557ci, January 06, 2016, 02:49:16 PM

ford69557ci

Im gonna go ahead and buy the lilbb tomorrow. I have spent the better part of the day researching it and it seems that the shaft speed setup works awesome. Im selling this truck because im tired of the 5spd. I plan on buying another with an auto and if this works good i will buy another setup for it. Is there any way a lcd display can be wired up to show vane position and shaft speed?

me78569

2000 Dodge 2500 quad-cab 5.9 Cummins slt, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr iquad, 4" tbe , pureflow 150 gph. he351ve in the works 100hp DFI inj

hakcenter

Lol you guys are all hilarious. What does he want to do, spend money to make money ? Pretty sure a LBB is cheaper than a new hx35 / manifold. And I would imagine the he351ve makes his truck more valuable.

Might actually keep it after the turbo runs like it should *wink*

Contact me before you buy, so I understand what you want. The LBB is just a add-on board to an Arduino Uno, so if you want it in a box.. etc etc etc, I need to know what ahead of time. I've built one for myself.. kind of costly IMHO but I haven't taken my stuff to 3d printing which I probably should do at some point.

Box I used, here
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

ford69557ci

I was gonna get your lilbb ordered yesterday and got busy with some more broke down dump trucks lol. I have watched several vids of this thing now and i love it. I never was really happy with the way the fleece worked. The map was based off of engine rpm and fueling % that it read of the can connector on my 24v. I have a billet 67mm 351 with a bigger turbine also. I hope this works like i think it will so i can use this setup when i buy an auto truck. I was looking at some touch screen lcd displays on the same place i ordered my arduino from. I am not near smart enough to do the coding for it but i would sure pay someone to spend the time to make that touch screen control this box.

Rx7man

I was told by BD diesel they don't do wheel upgrades on these units.. they said they blow up.  For now I'm good as it stands, but in the future I may look at a 67mm.

I don't have any experience with the displays either... I know some people here have the 2 line text displays, and I don't think they take too much coding expertise, but I think the Arduino may have it's hands full with the touchscreen versions.  I think you could make a separate controller that handles the display, and let the Arduino do it's thing just controlling the VGT.  I do agree it would totally be cool.. perhaps someday I'll get to it, but not in the near future I don't think
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

me78569

I have a 4 line screen.  Code is all there if you wanted to put a screen on the lilbb. 

2000 Dodge 2500 quad-cab 5.9 Cummins slt, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr iquad, 4" tbe , pureflow 150 gph. he351ve in the works 100hp DFI inj

ford69557ci

I have that code lownloaded on my laptop lol. I just seen that touch screen and my mind went wild.

me78569

THoughton about touch too, but I couldn't really find a good reason  to use one.

ford69557ci

As for these turbos popping with bigger wheels... i ran a heavily modded 351cw with a 67x76 combo and ported ex housing.. i beat the crap out of it, barked it,it seen 60psi many times.. never did break it. The he and cw are the same thing as far as wheels and turbines go. I blew up countless hx 40s over the years and they also share the same internals. I think the 360 thrust that comes in the 351 series is what makes them hold up

Rx7man

Would you tell BD diesel that?  They say they're 'researching' it now, and knowing the rate at they do that at I'll be old man by the time they figure it out.

ford69557ci

Lol i never have had any dealings with them. The fleece cheeta vgts are all bigger wheeled and tons of people run them. Look up tater built turbos on facebook. He builds about and he351 combo you want and has very good prices. He is the one that built my 351cw

Rx7man

I'm not in a rush to upgrade this for now, though y'know how it goes!