lbb plug and play questions

Started by ford69557ci, January 06, 2016, 02:49:16 PM

ford69557ci

I am looking at buying the plug and play lbb since my fleece controller took and crap and they do not support it anymore. What all will i need to make the lbb work on my 01 cummins? What code will i need to run, and what sensors will i need to purchase?

hakcenter

Man fleece doesn't support their controller anymore ? AFAIK they use the same box that Steed is using on his banshee.. milspec and all.

To run the lbb, you don't really need any sensors except the vr sensor that's already on the turbo. If you were using a fleece I imagine they use a 5v boost sensor ?
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

ford69557ci

No they dont.. glad i wasted the 600 bucks. They said too many people were blowing up their phones with tuning questions so they discontinued the box and all support for it. The only thing the fleece hooked into was the actuator itself, power and ground, and the canbus connector on the drivers side of the engine. The lbb seems to need more than that. I have all the plugs to build a harness for the actuator and the vr. What else will i need beyond that?

hakcenter

Need an arduino uno, and the LBB comes a 16pin header, but you'll be required to solder / pin it yourself.

v1_1 [Lil' Blackbox]

Pin 1 and 9 are labeled on the board, http://wiki.lilbb.com/_media/v1.1:th:layout.png

So the pinout is looking at the header on the board, ignore the numbing on the actual 16p connector piece.. for whatever reason it has numbers on it lol.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

ford69557ci

From what i can tell the lbb uses the same 16 pin white connector that my fleece used. I will just have to repin it..  so the lbb reads the can signals from the vehicle and doesnt need and other sensors? Sorry for blowing you up with questions, just want to make sure i get everything i need.

me78569

lilbb doesn't talk to the truck, so it doesn't take into account TPS, boost, exhaust. 

It controls the vanes on the turbo by watching the shaft speed of the turbo, it does work well.
2000 Dodge 2500 quad-cab 5.9 Cummins slt, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr iquad, 4" tbe , pureflow 150 gph. he351ve in the works 100hp DFI inj

ford69557ci

Ahh ok. I was reading somewhere that someone had one setup running off rpm based i just wasnt sure if this was it

Rx7man

Just speaking for myself, I'm glad I spent the couple extra bucks and went with the Arduino Mega to have lots of extra memory and pins to play with.  I tapped into the tach signal wire (gray/light blue off the ECM I think on a '94) (which is a 5V square wave) and it works pretty good... on an '01 that has OBD2 you might be able to get RPM that way, but I have no experience with it

You will also need to make/buy an appropriate enclosure.. I had an old AC inverter that was dead, it made a great box, I mounted it on the passenger side kick panel and put a hole in the firewall  close to the ECM with a hole saw.. I don't recommend a hole bigger than 1 1/8th if you want to find a fitting grommet for it.. I have a 2" hole and can't find one anywhere.. Grr

Any help you need we're glad to help
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

Rx7man

As for sensors, I think your truck already has a TPS (non essential, but it helps), it would be a matter of finding what wire it is and plumbing it in, and a pressure transducer for intake manifold pressure that goes from 0 to at least 50 PSI...

I am doing a lot of experimenting, and as such, I have more sensors than really necessary
Exhaust manifold pressure
Front brake pressure (going to be used for a trailer brake controller)
Compressor inlet pressure (Chevy MAP sensor before the turbo)
Barometric pressure
TPS
and some potentiometers in the cab I code to do whatever I want... manual override? spooling curve?, boost limit?
Jake switch on the shifter, for evident reasons
T handle shifter thumb switch, for holding trailer brakes on a hill, also prevents front brakes from releasing.

me78569

Agree'd

Having tps, rpm is helpfull, but not needed.
2000 Dodge 2500 quad-cab 5.9 Cummins slt, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr iquad, 4" tbe , pureflow 150 gph. he351ve in the works 100hp DFI inj

ford69557ci

I am just looking for the simplest way to make it work again so i can get this truck sold lol.

Rx7man

in that case you could just toss the stock turbo back on :)... It's up to you to weigh how much either will cost versus how much it 'ooh' value your truck increases by.  A lil'bb in base form will get the truck back up and running though, probably cost about $200 give or take, and some time

me78569

if your only goal is to sell the truck then just put a hx35 back on and sell the 351 on the side.

ford69557ci

Yeah normally that would be the way i would do but since the 351 and 6.7 mani is already on it, my down pipe has already been modded and my ic tubing as well it is cheaper and easier just to make the thing work again.  Also the 35 and stock mani hot sold so it no longer an option

Rx7man

I've got a 60mm HX35 and manifold. *rolleyes*.. don't know where you live, but shipping would probably be waaay too expensive