Need help with purchase

Started by Turboedmav, October 01, 2018, 08:48:16 AM

Turboedmav

Hello again...  :D

I'd like to save some money if posible at all.

I already have an Arduino Mega (working knock-off version)... question is:

Can I purchase the LBB Shield and pay some extra money to get the Bluetooth support and Android App (and all the other extras included in the stand-alone version)?

I don't know if this combo is possible and/or if it would save me enough money to make it an attractive option, otherwise I'll just  wait to save some more money and purchase the stand-alone in a few more weeks, I just can't afford the full stand alone version now...  :'( :'( :'(

Cheers!

hakcenter

It really depends on what you want at the end, if you just don't care what it looks like, surely you could figure out bluetooth and add it on, and put the code on it. I really don't care.

However a lot of effort was put into making a stand alone box that is enclosed, arduino ide compatible, and 100% fully bluetooth capable (ie programming from your laptop and uploading code).  If for you the difference is a week, I would err on the side of patience. Things always work out when you wait.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

I had to put an intermediate board between the lil'bb and the Mega because you need to reroute some pins, like for SPI and frequencymeasure...
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

Turboedmav

I figure I will wait and save some more... It's not like I need to start tinkering with the actuator just now. My project is still in an early stage. I'll go with the full stand alone version then... Thanks.