P7100 fuel plate controller

Started by hakcenter, April 15, 2015, 05:40:02 PM

hakcenter

Dodge Ram Cummins - 1994-1998 5.9L 12 Valve Dodge Cummins - 12 Valve P7100 Tuner - Diesel Auto Power, LLC

Why didn't they try to interface a full blown AFC delete controller ??
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

All it is is an externally adjustable fuel plate... for $650 it's a total waste of money
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

Forget price, the idea is a great.

servo control the fuel plate. Now add arduino control with boost sensor, with or without vgt turbo, and you can tune your fueling curve without an afc.

That would be hawt sauce.
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

That's what my other thread is about :), except I was thinking of (for V1.0) using a PWM driven solenoid to dump the signal pressure from the existing AFC.. it wouldn't be quite as versatile as you'd have to set the AFC back a ways... I would *like* to find a nice stepper motor that is capable of driving against the rather significant governor spring pressure... We've also seen what can happen to the motor drivers, etc when you run them too hard for too long in the VGT controller.
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

If you're talking about that guy who's chip blew up ? That looked to me like a grounding issue. I'm fairly certain that is the gigantic diode setup for the main board.

I've ran mine all sorts of ways, upside down backwards code even, with <1ms updates, or even just smallest size forever up to 3k rpm... never seem to have an issue.

I think he had a bad solder or connection for the power/ground on that.