questions about LilBB

Started by firemedic2117, September 28, 2015, 11:23:56 PM

firemedic2117

Hi, I stumbled across your videos on YouTube and I'm intrigued lol.  1. Can I purchase the controller already assembled and programmed?  2 I noticed you were using a 12 valve or a 24v can I run this on a 2006 CR Cummins, 06 and 2007 5.9's seem to be unicorns that can't run VGT so far.  Thank you so much for your time
Need help controlling an HE351ve that the fleece controller won't control

hakcenter

The LBB is a complete standalone VGT controller. You could put a he351ve on a boat, or quadruple twin turbo and sync them all.

You can purchase one assembled. I however do not stock any made units so it is at least a week out. I need to get the BOm from mouser and put it together. You can check the store page that I've recently updated, and purchase through paypal here.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the wiki, and the pinouts.
v1_1 [Lil' Blackbox]

Unfortunately there is no preprogramming. The LBB is a Arduino shield, so you still have to have an Arduino to program. The common code is over here thou, very simple to download the zip, use the Arduino IDE to upload to the unit. LBB Common Code
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Bdubb'z

I run one on an 06 motor in a 03 truck.  With a manifold from a 6.7 it will bolt right into your existing downpipe. 

I just changed the valve springs out on mine and it made quite a difference.  Before running it too much or using the exhaust brake un-regulated or at least monitored, I would recommend this upgrade as well. 

I have my lbb and setup mainly under the hood.  Only thing I have coming into the cab is a switch for exhaust brake and the potentiometer for manual operation.  Neither are mandatory to operate the vgt. 

I also replaced my boost only gauge to a dual gauge that displays both boost and backpressure.  I like to see whats going on, but definitely not needed especially with aftermarket valve springs. 

Rx7man

Bdubbs, can you post a pic and part number for the dual gauge?  I don't want to clutter up my dash too much but would like both.
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

Bdubb'z

Sorry, was out of town camping for the weekend. 

Here is the gauge, I'll have to post a picture of my gauge later as I'm not near the truck right now,

http://www.hewittindustries.com/pressure_gauges_boost_dual.html

Rx7man

Nice gauges... what is the price on them?.. wonder if I can get them up here.

Bdubb'z

$89.80 each.  That came with a hose kit with brass push loc fittings, really nice quality gauges.  A hose kit for each 'gauge' I might add, so two hose kits.  I thought it was well worth the money. 

You just have to email them.  They take visa, mc and paypal. 

Rx7man

Cool.. I emailed them and I'll see what they say.. I'm looking at the 80 PSI version because of the exhaust brake pressure easily getting to 60 psi

Bdubb'z

Yup, that's what I have on mine.  I'll try to remember to take a picture when I get home.