Main Menu

Turbo adaptors

Started by Kookie, August 08, 2018, 08:13:03 AM

Kookie

What do you guys think of the adators from t3 to the Holset Vgt. I'm thinking I might get a aftermarket 6.7 manifold with out the egr restrictive casting as less areas for leakage and look better under the hood. Wish could by a second Gen style manifold with this odd ball flange

hakcenter

There's a market for this flange in a 2nd gen placement that's for sure
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Kookie

Yes I agree!! I don't like the adaptor in the fact the middle gasket is next to impossible to centre when trying to fit the two halves together with the manifold bolted up.

hakcenter

I use a dab of wheel bearing grease. LOL
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

no_smokn

would putting the mating surfaces on a flat surface and sand flush not work with some copper RTV?  just wondering.

BJ

hakcenter

No, pressure going to blow out that rtv

Chummins

I'm running the 6.7 egr manifold on my 12v and just deleted the egr . (Made 2 plates and bought universal exh. manifold gasket) so far it's been good . Hasn't leaked yet.  Im using the 12v OEM gaskets at the head (and port matched the manifold to the square gaskets) and of course the OEM gasket at the turbo.
00 GMC CCSB classic 12valve P-pump/nv4500
04 legacy i with Full JDM Bp5/ej20y swap
88 Silverado RCLB W/corvette 350 TPI/700r4
Nothing stays stock here! 🏁😆🏁

Rx7man

I run the 6.7 manifold on my 12V as well.. drops the turbo way down which is a mixed blessing but it works
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

Kookie

Look up boostedoutlet on Ebay. Sellers Ronin manifolds that are like steedspeed but half price, does a vgt one. They could probably weld the right flanges for the exhaust ports on request or build a 2nd gen style manifold. It took about a month to get mine to Canada but well worth it...also mine was nickel coated and looks too good for the truck...

Rx7man

Quote from: Kookie on May 06, 2019, 10:28:19 PM
Look up boostedoutlet on Ebay. Sellers Ronin manifolds that are like steedspeed but half price, does a vgt one. They could probably weld the right flanges for the exhaust ports on request or build a 2nd gen style manifold. It took about a month to get mine to Canada but well worth it...also mine was nickel coated and looks too good for the truck...
whereabouts are you?

Kookie

Rx7man

Quote from: Kookie on May 22, 2019, 07:36:50 PM
Red deer AB
I have quite a few friends in that area, did some work there too at a pork processor I think it was.. that was 12 years ago though.. I'm in Interior BC.

Jbob

Kookie I tried looking up the boostedoulet and didn't bring up anything on eBay?

Kookie

hakcenter

Is this seller only on Canada eBay ? I couldn't find any info