Main Menu

Box solution

Started by hakcenter, July 06, 2015, 10:09:15 PM

hakcenter

May have a box solution with water tight thingies... kinda on the expensive side.. but everything waterproof seems to be expensive.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

I have the case from an old power inverter that quit, it's bigger than I need (10x6x3 inch or so), but if I cut it in half it might be perfect.. some windshield urethane around the edges to seal it up... I might mount my box inside.. not sure yet.
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

Here's what I've come up with so far.

USB has a water tight connection, you can also get a cable that is water tight to the threaded connection if you want to remote it from the engine bay into the cabin, without the trouble of connecting in the bay every time..

16pin circular connection is also water tight. I couldn't find any gasket connection parts for the external hook up yet the panel connection is gasketed.. may continue to look at it.. I'm sure there is something..
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

hakcenter

So 213920-2 ended up being the wire seal!

So I have a fully enclosed water tightish box.

Rx7man

them circular connectors aren't cheap are they?

I think I'm going to mount mine inside under the heater blower so it's out of the worst of the weather, and run the wires into the engine bay
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

Cheaper solution by a few bucks to the DVT connectors. Easier to mount since its a circle.

The whole thing is probably ~$75, my mouser BOM is $100, but it includes strain relief / no strain end connectors, and a pretty hefty usb cable if you wanted weather tight USB all the time and route it into the cabin if you had the box in the engine bay.