I think I'm going to re-engineer the LBB

Started by hakcenter, February 08, 2016, 08:19:00 AM

Rx7man

'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

It's going in a box, and it already has a USB opening on the side, just going to go with the same header, it seems solid. Just finding a guy that'll put the pins and wires together in colors is my deal. I'm thinking 16-20awg, would have to look at what I have. I'm using 22 for my triggers.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

For everything except the VGT power supply 20-22ga is plenty.. I use some 30 gauge for my sensors, it's nice and flexible

hakcenter

Box design fits! Outer constraints were difficult to math up. So the dashed lines should be inner and outer wall. Looks like I was right!

Now to build one and measure out cutouts for polycase
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

hakcenter

Getting stuck on having USB and Bluetooth for communication.

Argh

Rx7man

I'm battling rewriting the MAX31856 library to do things the way I want them done...

Another Argh!

hakcenter

OMFG finally today... I've got it emulating USB connection behavior. On connection, Arduino resets. Doesn't stay reset, which is good LOL. Doesn't reset on disconnection.

So you can be programming, lalala, hit upload, arduino resets, bootloader absorbs new code (honestly quite a bit slower than via USB) then off it goes doing whatever you told it to do.

2 resistors a capacitor and transistor later... haha

I can't begin to explain why this shit is wrong, DIY Arduino Bluetooth Programming Shield | Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers
It works... on DISCONNECTION. P32 stays LOW on no paired device, goes HIGH when paired. When you want to upload code.. even if you're connected via Serial output on IDE... the module never gets unpaired. It certainly can't unpair if it hasn't been connected to to upload code.. like if you're coding and not watching the screen.

Long story short, that does not work AT ALL.

The circuit I made is really really simple. Took forever to figure out I needed to bleed down the timing capacitor lolol.. it is always the simple things that evade me.

Rx7man

hakcenter

Yeah.

Last thing to work out is a switch setup for the rx pin. Can't have bluetooth connected if you want to upload sketches via USB.

Rx7man

Less wires is always good!
you need those micro toggles I got on Amazon :)

hakcenter

Gotta be on board, and I don't necessarily have a ton of room. I'm going to see if I can fit a jumper, and have it interrupt the 3v3 rail, which would also hopefully drive a transistor for the RX pin.

Even if the module is not powered, but still connected to the RX/TX it interferes with USB programming

... OR I could just use a transitor, TX bt_module to base, and RX arduino on emitter...
Seemed to just work.

I'll keep playing with it all day but I'm sure that'll do it

Rx7man

Could you perhaps use a resistor?.. one that's weak enough to allow the USB side to program, but strong enough to allow the BT side as well?  Might need one on both feeds?

Just a thought

hakcenter

I've tried all sorts of stuff any impedance throws errors but it still programs. Want it to be clean

Rx7man

Diodes ought to do it.. might need a germanium signal diode though.. one on each leg... well.. it depends on if the BT module is holding it's ouput high or low I guess.

hakcenter

Also apparently don't update to IDE 1.6.8, so much grief with out of sync errors, going back to 1.6.7 and no issue... ARRRRRRRGH

I have TX pin direct, NO issue with that. RX can't have anything at all, or it really gets finicky. Try it out yourself, its weird