Main Menu

Through-hole Fun

Started by hakcenter, April 28, 2015, 04:12:09 PM

hakcenter

Official non-proto 1.1 through holes come in tomorrow.. pretty stoked about seeing them in matte black

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=640543510398&language=en&cntry_code=us
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

OK, that's what I figured.. I was looking at a 9926 (2ch) and wondering if I really needed it.. thanks
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

I wouldn't use it unless you want to alter the FreqMeasure library to use more than just pin 9 for counting...

Stick with a 9924, count shaft speed, and use some other ways to count other not super fast things that rotate. Like our rpm LOL
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

Since I've got the Mega, I've got 5 pins with interrupts on them.. I only increment a counter in the interrupt, so it's really fast, and then when I read my inputs I figure out what it works out to in RPM... I plan on using the same logic for the TSS, and vehicle speed sensors as well if I hook it up... I have to read the FSM and figure out if I can tap into the speedo signal, that may already be a 12V square wave, which would make life a lot easier, and it probably counts slower than the ABS ring too

paulkx5

hakcenter,

I have to say thank you for all you are doing and have done on this as I have been wanting to pursue this project for a long time and just did not have the knowledge / experience. I have looked at your links to mouser and pretty much everything else I can find, but can't seem to find where I can order one of your boards?

hakcenter

Everything is getting ahead of me being able to set up a shop for them lol.

I made PayPal buttons last night. Email me directly [email protected]

paulkx5

Will do, and thank you!

i really like the idea of a discrete set up just for the turbo. Hopefully as i learn more i can set up other boards for additional ideas.

Paul

Rx7man

You think you could post the eagle files in the Wiki?  I'm trying to find what pin the turbo RPM input comes into.. do you have anything to sense engine RPM?  I'm trying to get a barebones thing working.. I've been slacking.

Also, though it belongs in a different section, is there *anything* you can read from the VGT unit.. I'd like to make sure my comms are working, at this point I'm not getting any motion happening, and would like to try and read something from it if I CAN.... Otherwise I'll start calling it the CAN'T bus

hakcenter

never snooped, don't think it has anything useful

hakcenter

turbo rpm comes in on digital 8, forced by the FreqMeasure library

Rx7man

I jumpered pin 8 to pin 3 (or was it 2?) so I could use an interrupt.