Back again installation 101 .

Started by Chummins, July 25, 2018, 03:42:34 PM

Chummins

More Newbie easy questions.
So I finally got my Chummins Restoration underway , new 12v P-pump ,HE351ve installed. I didn't wire  it all up yet.  Question on wiring . I purchased the 1.1 shield just under a YEAR ago! just itching to get this thing going...   
1-Do I need to power up the  Ardunio separately or will it power up through the LBB header? Pin 8 and 16
2-Also what kind of amperage will that actuator Pull ??I'm assuming i'm not connecting the 12+ and Ground from the Actuator to the header correct me if i'm wrong please.
3- what does it want for the 4  inputs ? ( again I'm assuming Ground but not sure)
4- Lastly I need a 5v source to power up some wire Sensors (3 of them) . Can I use the 5V out and GND from the Sheild (fused of course) without affecting performance?

Thanks Again for the help I'm sure I'll have more questions later. I'd really like to have a Screen later on just to show the speed and what input is being applied ... just for show and tell.

Here is a few pics of progress..
00 GMC CCSB classic 12valve P-pump/nv4500
04 legacy i with Full JDM Bp5/ej20y swap
88 Silverado RCLB W/corvette 350 TPI/700r4
Nothing stays stock here! 🏁😆🏁

hakcenter

8 / 16 is the main powering. You can power the arduino directly with it. I would suggest a key on source, like the radio.. or something similar. You don't want it powered on all the time, it is roughly a 114mA draw.

The actuator  itself will pull 10+A. I would relay it off the battery, with a fused 15A connection to the battery. You can vamp the lbb +12v line to power the relay if you need a switched power and all you have is inside the cab. The Shield cannot power the actuator.

The 4 modes, perf/cruise/brake/spare are all 10k pullups, so you just need a switch switched to ground to activate them. They can be exposed, it's entirely safe. Just may not be good if you get false triggers :)

The 5V line, is 1A fused directly on your Arduino itself. You can certainly power any sensors with it. The 3 adcs can be used to monitor their outputs as well. Definitely want to connect the ground back to #7 on the shield.

TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Chummins

As always great info.  Thanks Hak.
00 GMC CCSB classic 12valve P-pump/nv4500
04 legacy i with Full JDM Bp5/ej20y swap
88 Silverado RCLB W/corvette 350 TPI/700r4
Nothing stays stock here! 🏁😆🏁