Getting started 101 programing the Arduino for the 1.1 shield

Started by Chummins, March 08, 2017, 11:31:48 AM

Chummins

Sorry for all the stupid / basic 101 questions , but I figure id start a thread to help others that are so "all of sudden" computer illiterate like me when it comes to learning to programing the Arduino. Maybe this tutorial will help others into purchasing your product without the scare of not being able to use it because of the complexity of it.

Ok , got everything set up now. Just need to programme the arduino to get started.
I've downloaded the Common code 1.3 Zip.  I have it unzipped into its own folder, I see all the sketches.
I can communicate with the arduino , and have made basic working practise codes that have worked.

For the Common code ,So far I can only load or see one at a time. How do you up load them all at the same time ?

So far every sketch that i've tried to upload by itself has given code errors and wont upload to the Arduino.

Thank You for the support ! ;)

00 GMC CCSB classic 12valve P-pump/nv4500
04 legacy i with Full JDM Bp5/ej20y swap
88 Silverado RCLB W/corvette 350 TPI/700r4
Nothing stays stock here! 🏁😆🏁

hakcenter

You're going to want to change the folder name the 1.3 common code is in, to LBB_Common

And inside that folder should be all the ino files,
A_LOOP
AA_SETUP
CALCULATE_MODES
etc etc etc

If you double click on the LBB_Common.ino file, it should load up the entire sketch with tabs and everything.

Secondly you're going to need to download and install the extra libraries. Thread located here for 1.1 shields > Arduino Libraries
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Chummins

Worked like a charm , Thank you. I was able to load to the Arduino no problem. 8)  I also downloaded and added the other library files to the arduino IDE programme like you said. Now do I need to add them to the LBB_Common Sketch ? If so how would I do that?  I've tried adding a tab but when I try to "include Library" file, It overwrites the first Tab Only, Never adds to the the new tab I just created.... Or am I going to far ?

hakcenter

Going way too far. On the LBB_Common.ino you can see #include some h file.

That's the library designation.

As long as the ide has the libraries installed.

:)
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Chummins

Sweet then I should be able to move forward   :D Thanks Hack for the help. Hopefully this will help others down the road.