Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Starting a new build
« Last post by Chewy1576 on February 24, 2018, 07:28:45 AM »
Ok you’ve talked me out of it. I think I’m going to be around the 250 HP by the time it’s done.

Now to the controller side. I want to integrate boost, fuel pressure, and EGT sensors into the Arduino and output data to 20x4 screen. Will the Uno handle the added inputs, or should I go up to the Mega? Rx7man, I saw your post about the affordable pressure sensors, and I’m going to grab a couple of 2 bar sensors. I already have a hole tapped in the intake for a boost gauge so it will be a direct swap, and tapping into the top of the fuel filter housing is easy. I’ll track down the thermocouple amplifier board and an EGT probe too.
« Last post by Rx7man on February 24, 2018, 02:24:46 AM »
I'd try it without a wastegate and go from there..  If you're around 250-300 hp I don't think you'll be fuelling hard enough for the turbo to not open wide enough.
« Last post by Chewy1576 on February 22, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
It has electronic fuel control so I’m sure that is completely adjustable in the PCM. Unfortunately there isn’t a plug in tuner for it, so I have to do it the old fashioned way and send the PCM out to be programmed.
« Last post by hakcenter on February 22, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »
Are they setup with rising fuel pressure regulators or some kind of boost related fueling ? Cause you can pretty much control boost with fuel.... with a diesel :)
« Last post by Chewy1576 on February 22, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »
It’s a diesel. The engine GM used before the Duramax. They just run 20:1 compression ratio vs 18:1 in the Cummins, so if you push them too much they go boom.
« Last post by hakcenter on February 22, 2018, 03:13:58 PM »
Is this a diesel motor ? or a Gasser ? usually diesel + boost = good thing
« Last post by Chewy1576 on February 22, 2018, 03:11:12 PM »
I have considered putting the wastegate on the manifold, or even directly on the exhaust housing. I would just need to find a fabricator to be able to weld onto cast iron. I have one lined up to weld my adapter together, but he's in Washington and I'm in Utah so I was going to ship drawings and the pieces to him. I think for this first iteration, I am going to try it without a wastegate. I have also been talking with some vendors who build custom adapted HX35 and HX40 turbos for 6.5L engines, and they say a stock engine will handle 15-17 psi of boost if the drive pressure stays down. They seem to think anything is better than the stock GM-8 turbo so the HE351VE should be fine. I will just need to start ultra conservative with the vein positions and go from there.
« Last post by Rx7man on February 21, 2018, 10:22:59 PM »
If you lack clearance on that side, you could probably put a wastegate on the drivers side manifolds.. combined with an open vane position you should be able to keep boost in check.

Bear in mind too that while more air = more pressure, more fuel = much more pressure.. without going stupid with the boost I don't think it'll be too critical.. 12-15 PSI is really low!
Installation / Re: Beginner starting point
« Last post by Rx7man on February 21, 2018, 10:09:18 PM »
Do you have a pm ability? 

Little message icon down there somewhere.. Welcome!  I run a pretty custom setup but love how it works!

<<------
« Last post by hakcenter on February 18, 2018, 04:18:28 PM »
Shouldn't matter that close, downstream of course would be best
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10