Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Starting a new build
« Last post by Rx7man on March 20, 2018, 11:07:48 PM »
Lots of fun.. I'm working on a similar thing as well.. and then I have other projects in mind too.. I suffer from uncontrollable scope creep, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I just never get anything actually done!
« Last post by Chewy1576 on March 20, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »
I am going to have a lot of devices. The Uno, CAN shield, and thermocouple amp in one enclosure. The Pro Mini, CAN adapter, and LCD in the other. Then establish the CAN bus between the two enclosures and the actuator, yikes!
« Last post by Rx7man on March 20, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »
I paid like $7 for my I2C screen.. the nice thing about I2C is it's so much less wiring to deal with, especially when you start to have many devices
« Last post by Chewy1576 on March 20, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »
Not a problem. I appreciate any help you can provide. I may just go ahead and order the SPI screen, it’s only about $20 shipped. I can use the I2C screen down the road to tinker with.
« Last post by Rx7man on March 20, 2018, 09:14:46 PM »
I'm not sure, I2C isn't fast.. start with it and see what you can do..   FYI, the fastest I2C clock I was able to use for my LCD was 800khz.. anything more would hang..
I haven't found that faster library yet.. haven't been on my laptop
« Last post by Chewy1576 on March 20, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »
Well crap... I guess I wasn’t paying attention when I ordered the LCD, and I got the one with I2C interface instead of SPI. I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker, but not what I was expecting. Shouldn’t affect LCD display rate performance should it?
« Last post by Chewy1576 on March 19, 2018, 04:01:13 PM »
That would be awesome. Right now, I'm planning to use the Uno for sensor signal processing (turbo shaft speed, boost pressure, and EGT) and actuator interface/control. The Pro Mini will drive the LCD over SPI. The Uno will send values for display to the Pro Mini through CAN and not do any writing to the LCD to save overhead. I may run an SPI interface between the Uno and Pro Mini also for a programming interface, so once I have the nice enclosure built for it, I don't have to open it up to update code. One USB interface with the Uno and I can communicate with both processors.
« Last post by Rx7man on March 19, 2018, 02:37:06 PM »
The 20x4 LCD can be really slow to update.. slow enough the turbo times out if you do it all at once.. I'll try and find the library I use that's much faster than a lot of the others
« Last post by Chewy1576 on March 18, 2018, 10:21:19 AM »
I ordered the controller parts today, grabbed an Ard Uno, CAN shield, Thermocouple Amp, Voltage Regulator, Ard Pro Mini, and Mini CAN board from Amazon. I got a 20x4 LCD from Crystalfontz.com also. I'll get an EGT probe and boost pressure sensors later. It will be a good test for me just to get the controller talking to the actuator and the LCD.
General Discussion / Re: Checking 351ve
« Last post by hakcenter on March 15, 2018, 11:51:47 PM »
Yes, also you can move the gear by hand, it should reset to the zero position
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]