Main Menu

My life, My coding

Started by Rx7man, May 27, 2015, 09:09:36 AM

Rx7man

Well, found myself another truck.. '92 2wd auto... she's got a couple dents and flaked paint.. Looked a bit rough in the pic, buyer said it was high mileage, nearly didn't go look at it, but it  was local so I dropped in..paid $4500CAD or about $3700 USD

the dents are real, for sure, but this was a totally optioned out grandpa truck, NOT A SPECK OF RUST, 250,000 miles, engine runs like a top, neither engine nor tranny leak a drop of oil, nice interior, engine oil is clean, tranny oil is red, AC works, has a dealer installed BIG tranny cooler under the box
I spent a day and rattle canned some white paint on the flaked bits, got the worst of the dents at least partly pulled. had to adjust the drivers side door hinges and strikers, put a new latch on that side too..  I gave it a bit of a test drive, brake will make you hit the windshield, but there might be a minor whine from the diff and 1 U joint has a little slop.. but they're still the originals!

Also picked up 2 more tractors for $500 each, loader tractor needs a headgasket, perhaps liner seals too (hopefully not)..the one in the snow I don't have home yet, but as far as I know it was parked running
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

Rx7man

Well, been over a year (yikes) since I updated this.. figure I ought to do that.. I am still alive.. working on moving (and I have a LOT of stuff to move).. the 2wd first gen is a beauty to drive... I got rid of all my cows :(  ...
However, for projects, I have that H pump and I've decided (finally) on what CPU to use on it, ESP32, which has a DAC which is necessary.. plenty of processing power too (240mhz x 2 cores x 32bit) as well as built in CAN (and I have got that part working too
It's quite a nice little board, and I think I could actually use the same board to control the turbo as well, just hook some other sensors up to it. 
I'll be counting the pump gear teeth (10 crank degrees separation) with a VR sensor and then have a hall effect sensor in one spot to reset it, probably like 50* BTDC on #1, and then I can get my timing from there with a piezo sensor on the #1 injector tube, and I should be able to get VERY accurate rotational information and see if one cylinder fires harder or less hard than the others.. Reading the fuel rack position is REALLY complicated, gotta feed it about a 60khz sine wave and then read the peaks.. Ideally I think you would do a frequency sweep between about 50-60khz and find where it's gives the highest amplitude (resonant frequency).. I'll have to see how fast I can make that happen and see if it's feasible in practice

Rx7man

Well, I've actually moved off the farm now, thought I'd dip my foot into working full time.. yeah, that didn't go as planned, 60 hours a week every week hasn't left me much time to get set up!  I'm turning wrenches for a logging outfit, no shortage of work here for sure

Meanwhile on the H pump project there's an ECU called the DSL1 that some people are running already, might give that a try.. be a while before I get to it.. I'm so bagged after work I eat and fall right asleep