Main Menu

Android app too old?

Started by Siegler, June 30, 2023, 02:03:38 PM

Siegler

Android app store says the app is not available for me since it's made for an older version of android. I'm running android 13.

AM I missing something? Do I need to dig up an old device to use the app?

hakcenter

I need to sit down and recompile the apk for newer android.

I'll try to get it setup within the next week
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Siegler

Noticed the update on the app 👍

Got it downloaded, but i can't get it to connect to box. My phone sees the lbb, but can't do anything with it....

Siegler

LBB app crashes when I go to the Bluetooth option. The stand alone also wont actually pair and stay connected to my phone. I updated the box via USB on my computer (LBB 3.0.5 and ran the Bluetooth updater), but still no luck. Tried the app on 2 different phones with the same result: No pair, No connect on the app, App crashes when I open up the Bluetooth option.

hakcenter

Yeah I noticed the crashing too, its failing to grab the newer android permission for "bluetooth_connect" if you look in the app settings within "settings" and allow it to search nearby devices it should stop crashing in the settings area.

I need a newer android device to program against. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the app to request that permission.
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Siegler

Couldn't find that permission in settings you mentioned.

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth/permissions#declare-android12-or-higher

Saw this about Bluetooth connection to android 12 or higher. Not sure if it helps you at all.

hakcenter

You'll need to for the apps area and dig into the LBB app permissions and give it the Bluetooth perms.

The newer permissions are not being asked for on startup for some reason. I'll try to dig into it this weekend. I was able to add the scan permission but it doesn't seem to help.

Trebler

I am also having these issues and hopeful for a resolution. I can't seem to update the firmware either.

hakcenter

Have you gone through the app settings in android and given the app the Bluetooth permissions ?

I'll have to screenshot it later.

jamesstubb

Has this been addressed? My turbo is locked in full brake, but I can't log connect to see if it's the turbo or lilbb. I'm assuming it's the turbo, but I'm going to need to re calibrate anyways so I need access.

hakcenter

You need to verify the permissions if they were not accepted through the Settings > Apps area and give it coarse location.

Location is needed for bluetooth ::)

I'm working on making a more robust startup warning for permissions. Probably upload it sometime this week once I passes some basic testing.

hakcenter

Pushed a major app update out. Lots of underlying changes for all the new android permissions and what not.

Let me know if there are any issues.

jamesstubb

Siegler

Works awesome on android 14! Thanks!