Main Menu

Bad actuator?

Started by Tibbitts, November 29, 2018, 06:44:12 PM

hakcenter

The notch was necessary to get shaft speed. It is completely independent of the actuator.

I guess I could write the startup procedure to just ignore can communication until it gets a good can communique from the actuator.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Tibbitts

Thanks Hack.  After notching the shaft and having the old actuator installed the app still wouldnt show shaft rpm, or want to respond to the switches without emulate enabled.  At least now with the reman actuator the app shows shaft speed and will respond to switches without emulate on, although i have to briefly turn it then off for that to happen.  Seems like i'm getting a little closer to working with each step but not quite there lol. 

What should the serial screen look like?  Just gibberish for me lol.   Is there anything else you think i can diagnose?
2003 Ram 2500, NV5600, he351ve 67mm, Smarty

Tibbitts

Got everything working now.  Thanks for everyone's support.  I think this will be a great upgrade and make towing a little nicer  8).  Also looking forward to quicker warm ups lol.
2003 Ram 2500, NV5600, he351ve 67mm, Smarty

Rx7man

good to hear you got it working :)  can make a fair bit of power with the 67mm wheels :)
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles