Looking to buy but have a few questions

Started by Thatwhitecummins, March 11, 2021, 05:53:43 PM

Thatwhitecummins

I'm interested in this but have a few questions. How would i get coolant to go through the turbo to keep the actuator cool? Or just run it without cooling the actuator?

hakcenter

There's plenty of options to do your own coolant flow through the cartridge.

Personally I ran mine without coolant for over 8 years 🤷‍♂️
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Thatwhitecummins

Is there a full stand alone controller in stock? I have a vgt on my truck but controlled with a spring. I tried to buy a full stand alone vgt controller but it wasn't in stock. I assumed they weren't being made anymore

hakcenter

I have one collecting dust on my desk if you're interested ?
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Thatwhitecummins

I dont know emough to be fully commited. What does the stand alone need to tap  into for power? Does it tap into the pcm at all?

Rx7man

I run a non-stock Lil'bb setup, and I did tap into the tach output wire from the PCM (quite easy to do)

You'll get a lot more tunability with the Lilbb than you do with the spring setup, as long as you still have the actuator for the turbo.

For cartridge cooling, I just tapped into the heater hose lines, you really don't need a whole lot of flow
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

Quote from: Thatwhitecummins on April 16, 2021, 03:39:44 PM
I dont know emough to be fully commited. What does the stand alone need to tap  into for power? Does it tap into the pcm at all?

You just need full standalone stuff.
Power when Key on, to LBB and a relay setup 10/15A to power on with key in the engine bay for the turbo