Main Menu

2008 6.7 cummins

Started by 2008dodge6.7, May 28, 2022, 10:35:25 AM

2008dodge6.7

Pickup falling on its face during hard acceleration. tried a few things fuel related and it didnt fix it. another thing i did was updated via the app and now its even worse than normal. i did this while also doing a couple other things but reverted those and its still super touchy. so im wondering if the code is messed up or something. ive had the lil black box for quite a few years. it used to do it here and there. now its doing it under any kind of hard acceleration. figured id just ask around on here and see if maybe i messed something up. sorry if this is a dumb and random post. as far as my monitor and the app everything seems normal fuel related and stuff the only thing that is out of normal is on the app when it falls on its face the decel goes to like negative a bunch so idk. anyway any input would be helpful thanks again

2008dodge6.7

also ive read that on the stock one you can unplug it and drive it that way cause its all the way open. does the lil black box open it all the way up still on shutdown. just a thought. i could unplug it know that its not causing the falling on its face.

2008dodge6.7

Dont know if it hurts anything or not but i ended up unplugging it. its got turbo lag for days so i turned my chip up and it feels pretty good now. now its not falling on its face clutch slips (been needing one since i got the pickup) and/or dumps black smoke everywhere but doesnt fall on its face. so im assuming the something is going on with the box. i know at one point a long time ago i was talking to the maker of the box about how to get the exhaust brake to hold back more and messed with some setting in there. idk if what i did messed it up or not. so thats why i updated it via the app thinking maybe that would kinda "factory reset" it. idk if it just added onto what ive already did. ive downloaded the arduino ide on my computer but not sure how to use it really. anyway ill leave this here for now maybe somebody will have some input. sorry again for all this. kinda dumb when it comes to this kinda stuff

Rx7man

can you read the shaft speed somehow? sounds like it might not be getting the shaft speed input
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles

hakcenter

Well it's hard to guess what's happening without any kind of logging at all.

It's quite possible you could be compressor surging.

I would guess more though that if you had anything related to the brake it's entirely possible that the controller is switching to brake mode.

Again without any king of logging at all is hard to guess what's happening.

If you can run with a laptop connected to the lbb, open up the terminal window with 115200 baud. Type output into window it should start outputting a constant amount of information.

Run with that going and try to recreate the condition then save the output on screen to a txt file or something then share here for us to look.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

2008dodge6.7

ya i currently dont have a laptop so ill have to get one or borrow one.basically the only thing ive been using to try to figure it out is the app and i know when i turn on the exhaust brake it switches to brake mode. when it falls on its face it doesnt switch to brake mode just that the decel thing will say like -50 or something like that. also i have no idea about how to read the shaft speed input. sorry im not more help im sure its something simple but im not smart enough to figure it out haha

hakcenter

If you can verify it's not jumping modes it could very well be compressor surge.

Choose a less aggressive curve and let us know the results
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

Quote from: 2008dodge6.7 on May 30, 2022, 07:43:42 AM
ya i currently dont have a laptop so ill have to get one or borrow one.basically the only thing ive been using to try to figure it out is the app and i know when i turn on the exhaust brake it switches to brake mode. when it falls on its face it doesnt switch to brake mode just that the decel thing will say like -50 or something like that. also i have no idea about how to read the shaft speed input. sorry im not more help im sure its something simple but im not smart enough to figure it out haha
You could get a USB OTG cable that'll hook an android phone up with a standard USB plug and you can connect to the Lilbb thatway, there's a number of free serial port monitors for Android
Maybe that helps
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles