He351ve on a ISB 6.7 in a Freightliner

Started by Motorhome6.7, November 05, 2021, 03:53:45 AM

Motorhome6.7

Hi, newbie here. I have a he351ve with an older actuator  on a ISB6.7 Cummins in a 2009 fleetwood motorhome on a Freightliner chassis.  Everything I read pertains to Dodge. So my question is will this work for me to calibrate the actuator on my motorhome?  If not, can you offer any suggestions?  Thanks. I have been really impressed with the level of knowledge on this site.

hakcenter

You could calibrate it with the controller. But what's the issue ??

If you're looking to just zero the controller you can take the actuator off. Still plugged into power and turn the key to on to get the unit to spin close to zero.

Man handle the mechanical linkage to zero.

Slap it back on.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Motorhome6.7

And that would work without throwing a code?  I was under the impression that I needed to calibrate a new actuator.

hakcenter

I wouldn't know what the engineers designed for the turbo with their system.

I can tell you there's very limited information the actuator can send. Generally the calibration command sends the unit through a full close to full open cycle.

The unit defaults to zero on startup without canbus commands telling it what position to be.

But generally ? Yeah you can totally take the unit off and slap another one on. If the "system" that interfaces the turbo needs a calibration back from the actuator I'm not in the know about it.

To be quite frank the actuator is a very simple device.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Motorhome6.7

Wow. Well I'll give it a try. Thanks for the reply.

Rx7man

if you want to recalibrate it with cheap tools, and arduino and CAN controller, and connector would be all you need to do tell it to recalibrate
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles