Main Menu

Moparman board

Started by brownjeremy56, July 30, 2023, 07:31:15 AM

brownjeremy56

Hey, I recently purchased items to make a controller using parts listed on MoparMans website. Yesterday, I tried downloading code, and found some code is no longer available. I skimmed through his forum and found he is no longer available for support.

Will your code work on the arduino and shield I just soldered together?

If not, can I still purchase a Li'l black box from you and start over on this project?

hakcenter

Interesting. I'm not sure what their shield design looks like unless it's a copy of mine ?

Can you post a picture ?
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

brownjeremy56

Quote from: hakcenter on July 30, 2023, 09:23:49 PMInteresting. I'm not sure what their shield design looks like unless it's a copy of mine ?

Can you post a picture ?

Below is a video of my build.

I found the 2 missing sketches, that I needed to complete this project!!

I may or may not need your help.

I see your lilbb appears to incorporate engine RPM in the code. I am running off turbo RPM, throttle pos, MAP, and exhaust pressure. So my question to you is, do you think I'll encounter tuning issues without engine RPM data?

hakcenter

Oh gotcha so they didn't have you purchase a specific made shield or setup.

Honestly you're kind of in a pickle. If you could return all that you bought you could have a go at buying my shield and all the parts.

If not we can try to figure out how the canshield works and get some basic code across.

Email me directly and maybe we can setup a live session and see what we can do together.
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

brownjeremy56

I don't know how to email you directly. If I click on your name it says action not allowed.

If you could help that'd be great. I'm lost. Most of my programming experience has been html, action script, and a few others. Arduino programming is Greek to me.

Since I talked to you last I have managed to get my code to compile and upload to the board. That felt like a win. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything other than light up my lcd display. When my VGT actuator is powered it seems to cycle once, and continually make a subtle noise. I have put pots in place of my sensor inputs so that I can try to make this work before I install the turbo on my truck. Unfortunately it doesn't do a thing. Doesn't even display anything on my LCD screen.

If you email me directly maybe you could push me in the right direction.

brownjeremy56

End of day update. I got my LCD working, all inputs seem to work. Just don't appear to have can communication to turbo.

Is there a way to check? I'm using elecfreak v1.2 canbus shield. I have tried setting up on pin D10 and D9. No luck.

llamajwc

The communication wires arent connected to d10 and d9.
You connect to the Can Hi and Can Lo