PLEASE READ New Idea Auto Torque Lock Post 2

Started by Kirko1911, February 17, 2022, 08:43:29 PM

Kirko1911

Hey everyone I'm wondering if anyone out there wants to program a convertor lock into the LBB with me?

Or can help with this project im going to take on. Any other undergrad engineers out there?

It is stated that having a programmed torque lock in conjunction with a VGT turbo will increase fuel economy and better effiency. Also having a programmed torque lock allows you to keep transmission temp cool.

For those that dont know what a torque lock is, basically allows you to lock up the clutch, whenever the VGT turbo is engaged, same idea as the BD diesel torque lock. I just want to apply that to the LBB

Target audience here or anyone in general:
1990-2003 FORD E4OD/4R100 | 1994-2004 DODGE 47RH / 47RE / 48RE | 1993-2000 CHEVY 6.5L TURBO

Here's a simple video of a guy making a torque lock that is manually engaged:

https://youtu.be/2oenpJe71EY

But I'm wondering if I can program the arduino with a if statement for this, IF brake engine is on THEN apply torque lock. IF shifting down from 4th gear THEN disengage torque lock END. Im pretty sucky at programming but maybe you'll get my point. Id have to crete a wiring diagram for the torque lock, we already have values and positions of the vgt from the LLB, now all its going to take is to tap into that orange and black wire or whatever color it is from the video and have the LBB open and close the wires circuit, whenever the VGT is engaged

hakcenter

Figuring out what gear you're in is going to be quite the complicated matter unless you're going to interfaces the TCU

You could also simply just use a double pole single throw switch. And when you flip that switch, it flips the brake mode switch for the LBB and also on the other poles it flips the torque lock switch ?
TS2009 Deḇarim 8:2
"And you shall remember that יהוה your Elohim led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you, prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you guard His commands or not.

Rx7man

I've been playing around designing one, I'm thinking of installing pressure switches on the trans to  keep track of what gear it's in
'94 dually,  67/67 HE351VE, NV5600, ~600hp
'93 ECLB 47RH, new toy truck, H pump project, 1000hp goal, 300K miles
93 XCLB auto, bone stock, 350K miles
93 XCLB 5spd, bone stock, 100K miles